The Director for Chicagoland will be a US military Veteran who will work under the Regional Sales Manager in growing our sales in Chicago and the nearby suburbs. This individual is the senior Sales Representative for the company in this key market. This individual will be accountable for meeting/exceeding distribution goals, sales volume, merchandising, promotions and program execution targets, through the efforts and focus of key distributor partners and VBC personnel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Build the business through our local distributor partner (Stawski Distributing) and the VBC team:
- Energize and motivate the marketplace by properly positioning VBC in the marketplace by educating our distributors and retail accounts on the VBC mission and values.
- Achieve distribution, volume, merchandising and promotion targets.
- Achieve greater than fair share of distributor share of mind and executional efforts through excellence in planning, execution and building of strong relationships in the marketplace (distributor & retail).
- Execute effective communication of monthly, quarterly and annual goals. Follow-up with timely measurement and reporting.
- Assist in the identification and securing of key account customers.
- Manage appropriate product inventory levels at distributor warehouses to insure in-stock quantities to fulfill business goals.
- Monitor and make recommendations (as appropriate) leveraging local trends, competitive activities, market pricing and programming.
- Maintain sound investment and spending practices that deliver distribution, volume, merchandising and programming goals within assigned budgets.
- Represent VBC at all necessary festivals and events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree in related field or adequate work experience in the field preferred.
- 2-3 years of previous beverage industry work experience in distribution, supplier, or retail preferred
- This person will be a resident of Chicago or an immediately adjacent suburb and will be familiar with the city and surrounding suburbs/key neighborhoods and social centers.
- A passion for craft beer and understanding of the craft beer industry.
- Solid analytical skills – basic finance/business skills
- Effective problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with both telephone and in-person contacts.
- Ability to speak, with ease, in front of crowds.
- Ability to speak casually and/or professionally, depending on the audience.
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale to include the ability to repeatedly and independently lift and move 50lbs.
- Computer skills: Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
This key Sales Representative must be willing and available to routinely work nights and weekends, be willing and able to travel as needed (5-10%), and have the ability to handle multiple challenges in a fast paced setting.
Only Veterans of the US military will be considered.